Sunday, April 11, 2010

THE VIRGIN TOUR 25th ANNIVERSARY

It's been 25 years since the Virgin Tour kicked into full gear!
   I can remember when the Virgin Tour vhs came out.
My parents didn't have a vhs player and refused to get one for quite a few years.
For some reason my parents were against anything new age coming into the house.
They didn't even get cable or central air conditioning until me and my sister moved out!
They are very old school in their thinking.
Anywayz...
I used to go to my cousins house and watch this tour religiously!
He owned it on vhs and eventually made me a bootleg copy.
Since we still didn't own a fucking VCR,
I used to go next door to my neighbors house and watch it on her parents big screen television.
I loved watching it there!
One year for my birthday all I wanted was a real Virgin Tour video of my own.
No more bootleg copy!
I got some cash for my b-day and immediately made a run to the mall up the street and bought it.
We finally got a VCR for Christmas and let me tell you...
I watched this video 800 million times!
I literally drove my parents infuckingsane with it!
What an amazing show this was!
Watching it now brings back so many great Madonna memories.
The magic of this era can never ever be duplicated.
Every record store and every book store in every mall in America had Madonna everything!
Poster..books..magazines..picture discs..buttons..shirts..12" vinyl..etc!
What an amazing time to be a Madonna fan!
To this day I can remember Camelot Music in Washington Square Mall having a television in their front display window playing the Virgin Tour video when it came out.
I remember looking in and shitting my pants when I realized it was Madonna on the screen!
She was performing the song  "Everybody".
I was in fucking awe!
I can also remember the smell of the caramel popcorn in the air as I was watching her.
It's odd the things we remember from positive moments in our lives.
Man I fucking miss those days!
I fucking love Madonna.
She has brought so much joy into my life.
Thank god for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment